Monday, November 26, 2007

Work Begins

So, today is my last day of freedom. I begin my new job tomorrow and am torn as to whether or not I am looking forward to it. I am flying to South Carolina in the morning and will begin training as a project manager for a fuel delivery software company. I'm really nervous about it because everyone there seems super smart and on top of their game. I know they would not have offered me the job if they hadn't felt the same way about me! It's just, project management is a highly involved and very difficult job to do. You have to keep everyone on track and be on top of EVERYTHING and step on toes to get your job done. I worry that I am going to go into this without any friends because I am going to be on everyone's case until they get their jobs done!!

Look, I know I can do the job, it's just weird for me to be doing it for another company. I was with my former company for 16 years and it is all that I have ever known. I worry that everyone will be smarter and faster than me. I was one of the golden children at my former company and everyone came to ME for help and for information. I was valued...and I worry that I may not be as valuable here and that worries me. Failure worries me. I need to find my confidence!

No comments: