Friday, November 2, 2007

New Beginnings

So I'm sitting here on the floor in my empty dining room waiting for my Fiance to arrive. I'm moving to Indianapolis tomorrow to be with him and my life is going to change forever.

I have lived in my apartment for 10 years. I've also lived alone for those 10 years with the exception of one roommate that only lasted for 3 months. I've always been so independent and have never relied upon anyone for anything. The times that I have tried to, I have been let down in the end. I'm getting ready to give up that independence to be with Rob and I'm a little nervous about it. It's not that I think that he will try to change me in any way shape or form, it's just that I have been doing things my way since I was 18 years old and now I have to consider someone else. Sure, I've been in relationships before where I tried to be considerate, but this is on a totally different level. I've always been the one in control...a natural born leader...and I worry that my take charge attitude may rub off on him the wrong way. He's been on his own for a long while also and has his own independence. He has the same fears that I do. But, ultimately, we know that a life without one another would be totally unacceptable! I'm ready to take this plunge and dive in head first and worry about the confrontations later. We have agreed to be patient with one another and to love one another no matter what challenges we face over the next couple of months while we get acclimated to one another. It's gonna be a wild ride!!

1 comment: