Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Work....

Only 76 more shopping days until I move to Indianapolis. Only 55 more working days!!! I'm taking an entire month...maybe two...off from working once I move out to Indy. I've been busting my hump and being a good girl saving up enough money so that we can live comfortably in case the new job search doesn't go so well.

I've worked for the same company for the last 16 years. It's the only full time job that I have ever had. I love the company, I love the people at our office....I just hate my current position. Not my job title mind you; it is one that I have been waiting for for a very long time. I just hate the monotony of it all. The same people calling day in and day out with the exact same problems as they had the day before. you would think that these people would be able to figure shit out on their own after awhile, but no - some of them are just as helpless now as they were 5 years ago when we installed them with a computer system. I'm definitely going to try to find a job where I will not be required to provide technical support to ANYONE!!

I want to take my time and figure out exactly what it is I want to do. This is my opportunity to totally re-invent myself...do what I want to do and be who I want to be without others passing judgement on me. Hell, I may find that working at Wal Mart or Taco Bell is my true passion!! I may end up working 10 different jobs over the next year until I find something that suits me and truly makes me happy. I'm really excited to get started and just hope and pray that I find something that is rewarding to me...that I feel passionate about and that I enjoy doing. I'm tired of waking up each morning with the feeling of dread....I need a change dammit!!

No comments: